Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Holding On

Today, I spent a few hours with my middle grandchild, Gavin.
I took note of some things about him.
He still reaches up to hold my hand and as he does, I hold his a little tighter.
He still sits next to me and fiddles with my hair, just as he has since he was a baby.
He still gets a snuggle in now and then and asks to come visit again.
He still gives me hugs and when he does, I hold him a little bit longer.
He's still seven years old, but soon will be eight.
I know one day some of these things will come to an end... 
"It's just not cool when you get older, Grandma, like when you're 9 or 10. But, I will still love you".
I'll hold on to that.... 
In my Heart....
                    ....Forever

1 comment:

Tezzie said...

Awww...special moments to treasure. He's so handsome!